B.D.S. (WALES) MFGDP(UK). RCS (Eng.) Dip Implant
MSc Implantology. Pg Cert –Dental Education
Pg Cert –Dental Law and Ethics
Martial status:- Married
Date of Birth: 27/06/1963
Home address : 62 Langley Hill,Kings Langley,Herts,WD4 9HE.
Work address :161-163 Leavesden Rd,Watford ,Herts WD24 5EP
I gradauted from Cardff Dental School in 1986.I spent 9 months as a house officier in Oral Surgery . I have completed a variety of post graduate qualification and currently studying towards a Masters in Restorative Dentistry at Manchester University.
I have been a vocational trainer for 17 years and highly supportive to foundation dentists and enjoy teaching .I also provide a supporting and mentoring role to novice implantologists .I am constantly wanted to improve myself in all aspects of dentistry and the quality of care for my patients patients in a highly professional manner
I have a special interest in implantology and the rehabilitation of compromised dentitions. I also enjoy all aspects of restorative dentistry, occlusion and periodontology .
I am principal in the same two practices for 27 years. I have instilled a culture of constant learning in the practice and all my collegues are on postgraduate programs to Master level .
I am dedicated to teaching others in my field as I feel I have much to give back to my profession.
Education and qualifications.
1. BDS –Cardiff 1986
2. MFGDP-1998 London
3. NVQ Assesorship D32 ,D33 Dental Nursing-Guys 2005
4. Certificate in Implantology 2004
5. Dipolma in Implantology Warwick 2005
6. MSc Implantology (Warwick) 2006
7. Post Graduate Certficate in Dental Education.2010.Bedfordshire University
8. Post Graduate Certficate in Dental Law and Ethics 2013 .University of Bedfordshire.
9. Accredited Mentor for the Association of Dental Implantology. 2009
10. MSc in Restorative and Aesthetic Dentistry. Passed with Merit 2016
11. Prize for highest score in the Complex Clinical case in the Restorative MSc 2016.
Qualifications in progress.
1. Certificate in Leadership and management.-
Faculty of the General Dental Practitioners.
Completed 3 modules ,2 modules under way.
Due to complete in 2015
1. Principal practice owner of a mixed multi surgery practice for 26 years.
2. Staff training, appraisals and selection in practice.
3. Support programme for dental nursing undertaken the NVQ in dental nursing.
1. Course Director in Implantology at Warwick University
2. Acting Course Director of Restorative Dentistry at Warwick University.
3. Vocational Dental Trainer for 17 years.-
4. Examiner for the MJDF qualification .Royal college of General Dental Practitioners .Royal College of Surgeons of England (Honorary)
5. Honorary Fellow of Warwick Medical school
6. Examiner for Royal College of General Dental Practitioners in Implant Dentistry
7. Examiner of the MSc in Implantology at Warwick University.
8. Lecturer for the Association of Dental Implantology. (Honorary)
9. Lecturer on the East of England Deanery for the foundation training programme for the Bedford scheme and Welwyn scheme.
10. Lecturer for the Biohorizons implant system. (Honorary)
10. Association of Dental Implantology mentor. (Honorary)
10.Lead Surgeon and lecturer on the Bone grafting module on cadavers at University Hospital Coventry
1. Course tutor of the Bedfordshire branch of the Association of Dental Implantology.
Lectures given to date at Universities, deaneries ,Section 63 and International congress.
1. Recontouring Gingival tissues for better gingival aesthics-World implant aesthetics congress 2013.
2. Careers Training for the VDP in Wyboston-East of England deanery. May 2012 and May 2013
3.Bio Horizons Restorer course –All day lecture .November 2010
4.Introduction to Implantology – to VDP’s every year for the last 10 years for the East of England deanery. 3 hour lecture
5. Medico legal issues in Implant dentistry-Section 63 meeting in Cambridge September 2011
I also have constructed 180 power point presentation for my VDPs over my careers as a trainer.
1. Senior House Officer in Maxillo Facial surgery ,Cardiff.1986-
2. Orthodontic attachment –Bedford Hospital -6 months ,1994
3. Chairman of Multi practice owners group .Harrow. 2007-2008
4. Elective representative for the trainers in the Welwyn Garden City Scheme
1. Investor in People award - First dental practice in Hertfordshire
2. Best Dental Team support -Shortlisted in the UK dental awards 2007
Jan 2005-September 2006.-MSc thesis on the “Implant education in English speaking countries throughout the world.”
Memberships to Professional Bodies.
Member of the Association of Dental Implantology
Member of British Dental Association
Experience in Examining.
1. For the MSc in Implantology at Warwick University I was elected joint head of examiners where I set the standards in the advanced cases since 2009
I personally have examined and graded in detail 71 cases. Each case involves assessing the assessment process, the diagnosis, the options, their advantages and disadvantages, treatment plan, treatment programme, discussion in detail with references and conclusion.
I enclose in the appendix the cases as evidence.
2. For the Diploma in Implant Dentistry at the Royal College of Surgeons. This is regarded by the GDC as the gold standard in implant education.As a examiner ,I assess the cases in detail and allowed to set questions appropriately .I have set the questions on sinus grafting and block grafting for the next diet. This post is Honorary
3. For the Membership of Joint Dental Facilities at the Royal College of Surgeons. I have examined for this exam for over 7 years. This is a foundation qualification prior to specialization.
Experience in Mentoring.
Being a Association of Dental Implantology mentor, I have mentored over 15 mentee’s on all their initial cases. The mentee would present their case assessment to me I would grade their preoperative assessment.
I would then asses their planning and detailed notes and options etc..
I would then mentor them through the surgical phase and restorative phase at my practice.
I would then give them feedback and an action plan for improvement in the next case. The mentee range from dentists on the specialist list to recently graduated MSc students.
In 2012 ,I set up a charity dental clinic in Megauli.Nepal. for the poor and impoverished . Having set up systems and taking much of the equipment and materials from my practice .I was able to treat up to 35 patients a day for 7 days . Much of the time was without electricity .
This has given a sense of perspective about what is truly important in life.
I will continue this work on a regular basis.
1. Dental Update
2. British Dental Journal
3. Implant and Aesthetic dentistry
4. The dentist
5. The Dental Practice